The children in reception, Year 1 and 2 are able to visit the library weekly as we have some wonderful volunteers to help them. If your child brings home a library book, remind them to bring it back the next week and place it in the library box in their classroom so it can be returned. Once returned they can borrow another book. Look for the signs on the class windows to see what day is your child’s library day. KS2 can visit the library at lunchtime break to get a book out on loan. We have some fantastic books in our school library and encourage the children to visit. A big thank you to our volunteers that help in the library. The children couldn’t visit the library without you!! Thanks again.
How our Library System Works:
If there is an adult available to support the class, your child will be given the opportunity to borrow a book once each week.
- Each child in the school has a special bar-code in a folder, which allows them to take out a book.
- When finished, the books should be returned to a special library book-box, which is situated in each classroom. These will be collected by the librarian through out the week and they will then be logged back onto the computer system.
- The book must be returned, at the latest, two weeks before the end of each term so that a check can be made for overdue books. However it is assumed that most children will want to change their book more regularly.
- If your book has not been returned by two weeks before the end of the half term in which it was borrowed, a slip will be sent home with your child requesting the book's return.
- If the book is still missing after a subsequent half term, a final reminder will be sent by letter and this could be accompanied by a text or email reminder.
- Eventually, if the book has not been returned by the end of each half term, a non-returnable fine of £5.00 will be levied. The only modification to this is when the year 6s reach their final term, when they will need to return the books. (No matter how long the borrowing period has been.)
- Children can choose any books from either the fiction or non-fiction section, although there are some books that have been allocated to the older children only because of content. (Please do let us know if you feel that a book is unsuitable for your child's age range and we will check it out as quickly as possible and may then reclassify it, as unfortunately, we are not able to read every book that we have on our shelves.)