English at MPL
- English at MPL encourages children to discuss, debate, question, listen, make connections, follow models, develop their own talking and writing voice and become reflective learners. High quality and ambitious vocabulary is at the heart of all English teaching at MPL. Exciting and engaging lessons draw children in through use of high quality text, images, objects and real world reasons for writing.
- High quality reading underpins writing across the whole school
- Teachers use the HfL planning sequences and progression documents to ensure accurate pitch of expectation in reading, writing, grammar and spelling.
- Recommended age appropriate texts are used to stimulate writing across all key stages. these engage children and encourage the development of a rich vocaabulary
- Early reading and writing skills in EYFS and KS1 are taught through Bug Club Phonics which is based on Letters and Sounds.
- We recognise the importance of ‘the sentence’ as the fundamental building block for all writing and teachers ensure that modelled writing supports the appropriate age related expectations for each year group (see details below).
- Mount Pleasant Lane Primary School,
- Mount Pleasant Lane, Bricket Wood, St.Albans, Herts, AL2 3XA
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 01923 672729