Welcome to our Library!
Mrs. Armitt is our Librarian
Congratulations to all the children who completed this years Summer Reading Challenge. Please can the children hand their certificates to me (I will return them) by Friday 22nd September and they will receive a house point.
If your child still has a library book on loan from last term please can they return it school ASAP. Many thanks.
Our library monitors are:
Sophie B, Ariella C, Emily, Kye, Charlie, Brandon, Ariella V, Amelia, Jemima, Mia F, Everley, Finley, Luther, Freya, Sophie P, Daisy, Imogen, Zara, Lara, Jude, Sienna, Leo, William, Cara, Jessica and Mia D.
The library monitors run the library at lunchtimes. Keeping the library tidy, scanning out books and reading stories to KS1.
How our Library System Works:
If there is an adult available to support the class, your child will be given the opportunity to borrow a book once each week.
- Each child in the school has a special bar-code in a folder, which allows them to take out a book.
- When finished, the books should be returned to a special library book-box, which is situated in each classroom. These will be collected by the librarian through out the week and they will then be logged back onto the computer system.
- The book must be returned, at the latest, two weeks before the end of each term so that a check can be made for overdue books. However it is assumed that most children will want to change their book more regularly.
- If your book has not been returned by two weeks before the end of the half term in which it was borrowed, a slip will be sent home with your child requesting the book's return.
- If the book is still missing after a subsequent half term, a final reminder will be sent by letter and this could be accompanied by a text or email reminder.
- Eventually, if the book has not been returned by the end of each half term, a non-returnable fine of £2.50 will be levied. The only modification to this is when the year 6s reach their final term, when they will need to return the books. (No matter how long the borrowing period has been.)
- Children can choose any books from either the fiction or non-fiction section, although there are some books that have been allocated to the older children only because of content. (Please do let us know if you feel that a book is unsuitable for your child's age range and we will check it out as quickly as possible and may then reclassify it, as unfortunately, we are not able to read every book that we have on our shelves.)
Many thanks........Mrs. Armitt