Our Year 6 'garden gang' ambassadors: Ruby, Molly and Bella.
They will be helping run Gardening Club, making sure the composting runs smoothly with the Green Team and thinking up new ideas for gardening projects.
We make compost throughout the year from all the food waste from snack time.
Top Tips from Cara:
1. Don't water plants too much or they will drown
2. Make sure your plants don't get eaten by bugs
3. Spray slug spray before you plant seeds
4. Pick your crops with an adult so they don't snap or get rotten
5. On hot days water your plants more often
6. Don't water plants when the sun is properly out or they will get burnt - water them when the sun has gone down a little bit and water them at the root
Projects we have worked on this year.....
September 2016: Building a bug hotel to give them somewhere to hide in winter, weeding the vegetable beds, enjoying jam tarts with homemade jam from our fruit bushes.
October 2016: Carving pumpkins; separating the flesh and seeds to eat later, trying our own pumpkin soup - yummy!